12-11-2011 09:45 PM
1) Multiple Windows; that is more than 2 windows for the workspace.
2) Consistent, Complete Hot keys; if hot keys were defined for all the processes then using EG point and click GUI would actually be faster than the pure coding in SAS.
For example try to internally generate data using only hot keys, alt f n d alt+m <dataset name> alt+l TAB alt+n alt+t <variable name> (won't write... you have to press down arrow then go back up by pressing up arrow to write the name)
3) Ability to type the format or informat instead of having to scroll through them all. For character values we can't even use the first word to find the format as it all starts with $.
4) Where is the command line? eg) I could type 'options' in command line in SAS 9 to view the global options.
5) very hard to finish with alt+f4; ctr+alt+del is very often used...
12-12-2011 02:09 AM
9. Ability to easily remove formats from the viewer so that you can see the underlying values
10. Ability to drill down into the formats in the properties window i.e. see what the possible fomat values are.
11. Define a 'favourites' format list.
12-12-2011 01:07 PM
13 (possible modification to 9) When you "hover" over a formatted value, show the underlying value
14 When you can "get values" of data, for example in query builder filters, have an option to use the format list instead of "select unique" against the data. Would be much faster!
12-16-2011 05:45 PM
For item (4), if you want an OPTIONS-style window, try this custom task:
12-16-2011 09:15 PM
Would you be willing to share your hard work and make the project files available? I would love to edit the code to create similar tools for searching and displaying our user defined formats.
12-18-2011 11:17 AM
Yes, I do have a plan to publish the source code for these tasks. I need to do a bit of clean-up on the files and add some documentation. When I've completed that, you'll be among the first to know.