BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Matt
Quartz | Level 8

Did anyone experience the issue I am facing? 

I am writing an output dataset to Impala, query completed and I am able to open the dataset in SAS but under Task window in EG it says it is still running……………….

A screenshot of SAS/EG is attached. 

Due to this error, I can’t see the log, because there is no log created yet. We checked on Impala cluster and query is completed successfully. It seems like either SAS/EG is hanging or it is still trying to fetch the databack to SAS.

Any suggestion how to address this issue?

Thank You!

Matt

SAS_EG_Query.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Is there something in the code that is hanging?

Missing semicolon, missing quit or a sleep? 

Matt
Quartz | Level 8

Reeza,

No, everything seems to be correct. What I learned is that I am writing a permenent SAS dataset to Impala without a BULKLOAD option and it is taking time to complete the process but for whatever reason the EG tasks window continues to display the message "Job is running" something like that.. sometime it comes back normal and display the log and dataset I created and sometime it doesn't. We have SAS EG 6.1, upgrading to next version might help. 

Let me know if you have any other solutions or options that would help me deal with this issue. 

Thanks!

Matt

Reeza
Super User

I don't have anything else 😞

If you haven't contacted SAS Support, I would highly suggest you do so. They're usually pretty helpful and quick.

Matt
Quartz | Level 8

No worries Reeza. I already had a discussion with SAS TS since the error is not consistent they recommend to upgrade EG versions and we will be upgrading maintenance version to next available version in few months, let's hope that solve the issue. Also working on to fix the issues with BULKLOAD since it only works with SERVER= option and not with DSN= option. It's a defect and SAS is going to address it in next release or a hotfix. 

Thank You!

Matt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation