BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Just sharing a couple papers with some Enterprise Guide information you may find useful...

A 2015 SAS Global Forum paper covering what's new in Enterprise Guide 7.1 (which shipped October 2014):

Find What You Are Looking For And More in SAS® Enterprise Guide®

support.sas.com...AS1924-2015.pdf

A 2014 SAS Global Forum paper dedicated to the Program History feature added in 7.1:

Check It Out! Versioning in SAS® Enterprise Guide®

support.sas.com...SAS179-2014.pdf

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

5 REPLIES 5
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Casey

It was great to see you at Global Forum! I love all the new improvements to Enterprise Guide.

Onwards and upwards!

Tom

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Tom,

It was great to see and talk to you as well!  I'm glad you like the new features and enhancements.  We will continue striving to improve!

Casey

CherylMac
Obsidian | Level 7

Our work group is just now upgrading from SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 to 7.1.  We are very happy with all the new features.  The papers you linked are very helpful.

Could you clarify one thing for me?  SAS is set up to run on our local machine and not a SAS server so we do not have user profiles.  Is this why the History window shows all authors as PUBLIC?

Cheryl

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

CherylMac wrote:

Could you clarify one thing for me?  SAS is set up to run on our local machine and not a SAS server so we do not have user profiles.  Is this why the History window shows all authors as PUBLIC?

Hi Cheryl,

This was a bug that was fixed in EG 7.11.  When you are running against a local SAS server (without a connection profile), we now (in 7.11) show the logged in Windows user as the author in the program history.

Casey

CherylMac
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Casey!  I will check with our SAS administrator about getting EG 7.11.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation