Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

What is the easiest way to execute percentile rank to assign values at row level for ungrouped data

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

What is the easiest way to execute percentile rank to assign values at row level for ungrouped data

Looking for the easiest way to assign percentile rank for ungrouped data at row level in a result table.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Best,

Jordana

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-09-2017 01:44 PM
Super User

Re: What is the easiest way to execute percentile rank to assign values at row level for ungrouped d

In EG this is under TASKS>Data>Rank

You can get the equivalent of percentiles by using GROUPS=100 in the task.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User
Super User

Re: What is the easiest way to execute percentile rank to assign values at row level for ungrouped d

Posting example test data (in the form of a datastep) and what you want the output to look like will improve the answers you get.  For now, proc rank would be the one that jumps to mind:

http://support.sas.com/kb/22/759.html

Occasional Contributor

I was wondering if there was a way to do it in EG without programming.  If it is a programming requirement, I will give it a try.  Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

Super User

What does row level ungrouped data mean? Those are not common data terms that I'm familiar with.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response.  Perhaps a better way to say it is I will need to assign this value at row level.

Super User

Is something like this what you are looking for?

proc rank data=sashelp.class out=ranked groups=100;
   ranks weightrank;
   var weight;
run;
Solution
‎05-09-2017 01:44 PM
Super User

In EG this is under TASKS>Data>Rank

You can get the equivalent of percentiles by using GROUPS=100 in the task.

Occasional Contributor

Thank very much, worked perfectly.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation