Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Web Report Studio

N/A

Web Report Studio

My question pertains to SAS 9.1 and the Enterprise Business Intelligence (EIB) platform. Please excuse me if I did not submit my question within the correct Forum.

Are Information Maps (IMAP) required to access OLAP cube data within the following interfaces:

Enterprise Guide?
Web Report Studio?
Web OLAP Viewer (Java)?

Thanks in advance.

Dave A...
Contributor

Re: Web Report Studio

You can open a SAS OLAP cube directly in Enterprise Guide and the Web OLAP Viewer (Java). You can also open a cube in the Add-In to Microsoft Office but it opens as a pivot table in SAS 9.1.3.

For Web Report Studio, I've had to create an information map for report development.
N/A

Thank you for the information - especially the behavior within MS Office.

Dave...
N/A

Hi Dave.

My Understanding is.

You can only use Information Maps with WRS. So yes an IMAP is required when using a cube in WRS.

EG -> Olap cubes can be used without IMAPs

Web OLAP -> Can be used With out a user defined IMAP (If using Data Exploration one is Auto generated I think)
N/A

Hi Barry -

I will look into the "Data Exploration" mode within Web OLAP Viewer - where an IMAP is auto generated (as you mentioned).

Thanks for your help!!

Dave...
N/A

Dear Web Report Studio Users,

In order to make SAS Web Report Studio (WRS) a better reporting tool, WRS will be conducting a few different usability tests on future design prototypes. We would love to get feedback on these designs from WRS users. In order to set up these tests, please take a five minute survey so we can place you in the appropriate usability test.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/145908/wrsquestionnaire

Future usabiltiy tests will be conducted within the new SAS support site WRS forum.

If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties, please contact Jennifer Cowley at jennifer.cowley@sas.com.

Many thanks,
SAS Web Report Studio Usability
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation