BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
To make maximal use of the screen I try to use abbreviations, but sometimes even that is not enough. Is there no way to put column titles in the vertical direction when values are smaller than the titles ?
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm not sure what you mean by "WRS + EG". Are you using stored processes in Web Report Studio (WRS) or are you building reports in WRS based on data sources defined in Information Maps or are you running tasks/projects in Enterprise Guide (EG) or are you running stored processes in EG???

There are several code methods to make vertical headers in Base SAS. It is possible that those methods will not work within all the client applications of the Business Intelligence Platform.

For more information about how to achieve vertical headers in Base SAS, refer to the code shown in this forum posting:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=7928Ỹ

If you are dealing with stored processes, then some form of this code will need to be tested in all the client applications where you are receiving results. And it is entirely possible that different client applications might treat the vertical headers differently -- for example -- the vertical headers might look OK in EG when you ran the stored process, but NOT look OK in PowerPoint, WRS or Excel when you ran the stored process. Also, I don't remember a way to rotate the headers when designing reports inside Web Report Studio.

Tech Support might be able to give you a definitive answer.
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
The answer is: both. I use Enterprise Guide to prepare and present reports for end users. Afterwards the validated exemples are integrated in the specs for development in Web report studio. So, it would help me a lot if I can both change column titles to vertical direction in EG and help the colleagues of WRS how to to the same.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Look at the code in the previous forum posting. It uses HEADING=V for PROC PRINT and ODS ESCAPECHAR for PROC REPORT and PROC MEANS.

Here's what I discovered. There are 3 steps/examples in the posted code. In the Enterprise Intelligence Platform, the code worked as shown below:
[pre]
Client St. Process
App Result Type What Worked
------ ----------- -------------
EG HTML All 3 examples
Excel HTML All 3 examples
Word HTML/RTF All 3 examples
Portal HTML All 3 examples
WRS SASReport Only PROC PRINT
Excel SASReport Only PROC PRINT
Word SASReport Only PROC PRINT
PPT SASReport Only PROC PRINT
[/pre]

It appears that SASReport, the default stored process format for WRS, and PPT does not use the ODS Escapechar method for inserting a line feed into a string. When the SAS Add-in for Word and Excel was switched to SASReport output, then Word and Excel worked like WRS and PPT. But, when the SAS Add-in for Word and Excel had the options for stored process results changed to HTML, then all 3 methods worked, as with EG and the Portal.

So, if all you want is a simple LIST DATA task, using PROC PRINT, then it seems that the HEADING=V option of PROC PRINT will work for you.

cynthia
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Our SAS Report expert confirms that these differences with the ESCAPECHAR are fixed in SAS 9.2, and render correctly in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2 (to be released later this year).

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Now I can make the proper overview, thanks a lot. And of course I will have to try it on the graphics, I hope it works in the same way.
I agree that it is less userfriendly, but so is an analysis report of 10 screens.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I do not know whether you can rotate the axis labels in graphs that you CREATE with WRS -- I have not tested that. It is possible to rotate axis labels that you CREATE using SAS/Graph syntax in EG -- EG may not do the rotate by default, but it is possible to change the SAS/Graph syntax to rotate the axis labels.

For more help with graphics and WRS and/or EG, your best bet would be to contact Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation