BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I've been writing SAS code for 18 years. I've viewed many a log. Warnings are GREEN !!! Notes are BLUE!!!

Chris: Why on earth did SAS switch the colors of Notes and Warnings in EG ?

- Matthew
Old-and-In-the-Way
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Matthew,

I'll admit it. I never noticed that the colors were different. But I can explain why and also how you can change it.

In SAS Enterprise Guide, we use the color-coded enhanced editor to display SAS logs as well as SAS programs. It just so happens that, out of the box, this viewer uses a different set of default colors for some log elements. I'm pretty certain that this has always been the case within EG -- nearly 9 years now. While it hasn't changed recently within EG, it is different from SAS Display Manager. I attached some images to this post to show the difference.

How you can change it: Tools->Options->SAS Programs. Click the Editor Options button. In the Enhanced Editor Options window, select the Appearance Tab. In the File Type field, select SAS Log File. Now you'll see a listing of elements in the middle of the window. You can select each one (Error, Warning, etc) and adjust the colors to your liking. I attached a third picture file to show the results in EG after I changed the options to the "traditional" colors.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I didn't see it either Chris, and I've ben using both on an almost daily basis since Eg 2. I knew the enhanced editor was shared, and I suspect that just passed by the same way all the extra EG preamble and epilogue goes almost unnoticed now.

It's curious because for a long time I was careful to carry an image catalog forward from one of the Versions 6 so I could have a blue icon for my PGM window, a grey one for my LOG window and a cyan one for my OUT window on the toolbar. That must hark back to about 6.08!!!!

I still have my keys set so I don't have to use my mouse much.

Kind regards

David
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Chris.

At this point my brain is wired to react to these colors differently. It may seem irrelevant to newer SASers but this has really been an inconvenience. I'll be making the change you suggested forthwith.

Have a Great Day !

- Matthew

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation