BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ToddS
Fluorite | Level 6

I am able to connect to a Netezza database using a libname statement.  In the servers window I can see the tables in that library.  I used to be able to double click on a table and it opened up in SAS.  I am using EG 7.12.  Now when ever I double click on a table I get the following error:  

SAS Enterprise Guide cannot open the data file: "NETSND.ADULT". [Error] CLI open cursor error: ERROR: 'SELECT * FROM AA_INZA_SND..ADULT LIMIT 10000 limit 10000'   error found "LIMIT" (at char 46) expecting a keyword.

So it sounds like the underlying code in repeating the limit statement twice.  How do we fix that?

The work around is to use Query Builder directly to create SQL code to view the data.  But I rather go back to just double clicking!

Any help you give me would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ToddS
Fluorite | Level 6

It turns out that my problem did not require the hotfix referenced.  All I had to do was change the following option:

Data > Performance > Maximum number of rows to display in the data grid with SAS/ACCESS data:  > no limit

I originally had it limited to 100,000 rows so the SQL generated added a limit of 100,000 but the Netezza Access code also added a limit 100,000 so the code would bomb.  Now it works and the dataset opens.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Looks like you might have struck this problem. There is a hot fix available for SAS 9.4M3.

http://support.sas.com/kb/58/291.html

ToddS
Fluorite | Level 6

It turns out that my problem did not require the hotfix referenced.  All I had to do was change the following option:

Data > Performance > Maximum number of rows to display in the data grid with SAS/ACCESS data:  > no limit

I originally had it limited to 100,000 rows so the SQL generated added a limit of 100,000 but the Netezza Access code also added a limit 100,000 so the code would bomb.  Now it works and the dataset opens.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I did think about that as a workaround too, but if you want to switch back to limiting again you will need the hot fix.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation