Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Variable Selection: SAS Enterprise Guide & SAS Enterprise Miner – Ask the Expert Q&A

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Variable Selection: SAS Enterprise Guide & SAS Enterprise Miner – Ask the Expert Q&A

Beginner here. Unfortunately a bit overhhelmed and new to coding.  I would like to be able to select multiple cases and create a table of them.  I understand that creating a table I need to use this:   

proc sql; select * from ____.__ where initials = 'XX'; quit;
proc sql; create table test as select * from _____.______ where initials = 'XX'; quit;

But I would like to find multiple individuals

Thank you in advance!  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-12-2017 08:41 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: Variable Selection: SAS Enterprise Guide & SAS Enterprise Miner – Ask the Expert Q&A

[ Edited ]
proc sql;
create table have as
select * from want
where initials in('XX', 'XY', 'XO');
quit;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Regular Contributor

Re: Variable Selection: SAS Enterprise Guide & SAS Enterprise Miner – Ask the Expert Q&A

[ Edited ]

below is the link for free Proc SQL session, which may be helpful for you. You just need to register and you can listen to an excellent session.

s://www.sas.com/en_us/webinars/sql-introduction/register.html

Please give some more details, so that someone call help you. How your sample dataset looks like and how your result dataset look like.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help I will check that session out. 

My data set looks like 

Initials DOB Variable 1 Variable 2

XX          _         1                  2  

XY          _         3                  4

XO         _          4                  5

I would like to find XX, XY, XO and have a table of their variables in the results viewer 

Solution
‎06-12-2017 08:41 PM
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
proc sql;
create table have as
select * from want
where initials in('XX', 'XY', 'XO');
quit;
Trusted Advisor

It makes no sense to have a title on this thread "Re: Variable Selection: SAS Enterprise Guide & SAS Enterprise Miner -- Ask the Expert Q&A", as this question has nothing to do with Enterprise Guide, nothing to do with Enterprise MIner, and nothing to do with "variable selection". This is not a variable selection question, this is a question about selecting observations or rows (not variables).

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation