Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

User Listing fromMetadata 1.Last login date 2. user id creation date 3.user id status-active,dormant

New Contributor

User Listing fromMetadata 1.Last login date 2. user id creation date 3.user id status-active,dormant

Dear All,

As part of ID managment report, need to get belwo details.

1.Last login date 2. user id creation date 3.user id status-active,dormant

Super User

Re: User Listing fromMetadata 1.Last login date 2. user id creation date 3.user id status-active,dor

Dear @saikrishna,

first you can get for sure by parsing the metadata server log files. and I believe you can get the second one too, but not fully sure at this moment.

The third I would create it on function of the first value. something like if Last loging date is longer than 2 months iwill be dormant user, otherwise an active user. This logic will depend on your company's security policies and models.

Esteemed Advisor

Re: User Listing fromMetadata 1.Last login date 2. user id creation date 3.user id status-active,dor

Which operating system does your SAS server use? This is of importance for #2, and also for #3, as recently created users should not be counted as inactive if they have not yet used the SAS system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
New Contributor

HI KurtBremser,

Thanks for response.It Windows os

Esteemed Advisor

saikrishna wrote:

HI KurtBremser,

Thanks for response.It Windows os

Then you need somebody else's help on how to extract that from the system. I'm a UNIX guy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Esteemed Advisor

If you are on 9.4 I would start to look what Environment Manager can offer:
https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n12v4rjg74mgrhn19m2g...
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation