BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

When I tried to create chart in EG 5.1, I got the error as follows. My data has only only 4 rows and 4 columns as well.

ERROR: Unable to allocate sufficient memory. At least 469K bytes were requested, but only 45K were available. You must either increase the amount of memory

available, or approach the problem differently.

ERROR: Driver SASGDGIF will not load.

ERROR: Device was not specified.

Can some suggest the workaround to increase the amount of memory ?

14 REPLIES 14
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Any possibilities to add the below code in EG (likely in tools->options->??) once and use the same for all my sessions instead of adding this everytime while creating charts?

options maxmemquery=1M;

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I added the code in Tools - Options ->SAS Programs->submit SAS programs when server is connected. But it is throwing me an error as I got earlier.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, It did worked when I added in code.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Once you have established a server connection, look in the server intialization log (rightclick on the server in the server list, Properties, Software) if the statement is executed.

Also make sure that you have no contrary statement in the custom code to be executed before tasks and codes.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

May I request you to elaborate your reply. I don't know to find the server list in SAS EG. My SAS was installed in Cygwin enviornment.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I checked the server initialization log and there is no evidence that my statement in 'Tools - Options ->SAS Programs->submit SAS programs when server is connected' is exceuted.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

After writing the code in the window, did you activate the option?

I put a simple %put "Killroy was here"; in there and immediately got in on my next new server session.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I didn't activate either. So do you want me to reconnect my session after saving my code to activate my option?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You have to make sure that there is a tickmark next to "submit SAS programs when server is connected", and, after saving your changes, you need to terminate the server connection and restart it. Nest time you start your EG and connect to the server, the code will be executed automatically.

LeRoyBessler
Obsidian | Level 7

Please show us the data, and describe what kind of pie chart you want.

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of request caused this problem.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation