BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
In EG, how do you search for and find something within your code? The way my EG was installed, it doesn't appear to have any kind of menu bar at the top where I might be able to activate a 'Find' function.

My second question is, when you are in EG, and working in your code, how do you print directly from what you are doing, as opposed to having to copy and paste to Notepad in order to print?

Are my problems possibly related to how EG was installed on my PC?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
deleted_user
Not applicable
EDIT->FIND menu option.

Or CTRL-F
deleted_user
Not applicable
NWM, Thanks for your response..... however, my questions were:

The way my EG was installed, it doesn't appear to have any kind of menu bar at the top where I might be able to activate a 'Find' function. So, I can't use your EDIT --- > FIND suggestion. If my EG doesn't have that, how can I use it?

My second question was, when you are in EG, and working in your code, how do you print directly from what you are doing, as opposed to having to copy and paste to Notepad in order to print? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again for replying!
deleted_user
Not applicable
A short follow-up.... CTRL-F did not work either.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Edit --> Find and CTRL-F work for me in the code node. Sounds like it's time for a call to Tech Support. You might need to do a rip-and-replace of the EGuide install from the CDs. Sometimes my office tech support installs fail because the questions that SAS asks on the install change over time.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Here is the answer from SAS Tech Support:

There is no feature to do a 'find' within the stored process manager within EGuide at the current time. We've had requests for this so hopefully this will be added in a future release.

Also, there is no way to print your code while working on your stored process within the stored process manager, but once your copy and paste the code, you can paste into your code node, File, New, Code, and Print it from there.

Thought you'd like to know......
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi...I did not realize you were talking about the code window in the stored process manager or wizard. I thought you were talking about the EG code node window (which has different functionality than the stored process wizard window where you can type code).

If you are turning your tasks and projects into stored processes, then in my opinion, you should not do more to THAT code other than add a LIBNAME statement or possibly an option statement that you need.

If you are going to do any thing more complicated than that, I recommend exporting your code to a .SAS file and then working with that .SAS file in a code node to add macro logic and parameter usage or refining parameter usage.

I especially recommend this IF, as is true in your case, you are going to add macro logic to your EG-generated code in order to alter or change the flow or logic of the code when it becomes a stored process. Once you have the code working in a code node (no errors, hard coded parameter values work OK), then you are ready to turn the changed .SAS program into a stored process using the Wizard option to create a new stored process and pointing to a .SAS file as the starting point for the Wizard.

Glad you got it figured out!
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation