BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
attjooo
Calcite | Level 5

Earlier I have used DDE to transfer data from SAS data sets to an already existing and formatted Excel sheet.

That was done on a computer with a single user installation of SAS 9.2. Is there  any way to achieve the same in SAS Enterprise Guide?

It is necessary  for me to use the preexisting Excel sheet.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I don't use Enterprise Guide myself so not sure about that, however SAS provides the libname engine functionality for this.  Make sure your Excel file uses named ranges for the data, then you can do a libname directly.  There are several documents on this process, here is one:

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/024-31.pdf

DDE is still around, but not really supported and may not be around forever.  There are other options, such as tagsets, with which you could re-create a spreadsheet.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

I don't see why not. Since EG is largely server based, so you do need to be aware of some differences. Mainly to make sure that the machine where your EG is running do have Excel running, and that could be problem if you don't have server version of MS office installed and/or you don't have PC SAS which supports local session for your EG. Other than that, it shouldn't be a problem. Putting the doable issue aside, AS mentioned you should also consider migrating to excelxp tagsets, where you can have most if not all the excel formats, macros in a more robust way.

Haikuo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation