Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Track Enterprise guide processes/jobs on Linux machine

Contributor

Track Enterprise guide processes/jobs on Linux machine

[ Edited ]

Hi SAS Experts,

We have our SAS installed  on  Linux machine. Our jobs run from Enterprise guide depending upon when we want to run the job.

So basically all SAS EG  jobs get submitted to Linux machine. We just have one linux machine and no Load sharing or load balancing concept.

I want to get a consolidated list  of Jobs that get executed for a particular day along with other run time statistics. Like I want to gather the info user id, Job start time and end time, from which machine the job got submitted  etc.

I am thinking to set up a cron job to run at sometime of day (let's say at 23.55) .

Please suggest if we can achieve this using SAS.

Thanks,

Suchi

PROC Star

Re: Track Enterprise guide processes/jobs on Linux machine

Posted in reply to suchismita

Yes, you can get everything you want, but the way to do it is to work with your SAS and Linux administrators to set up monitoring facilities on your server. If you check out the "Administration" area on the communities, or ask questions there, you'll find everything you need. The Enterprise Guide area tends to get questions more related to the end-user experience.

Tom

Contributor

Thanks Tom for your reply.

Is there a way to track only the processes those are running from Enterprise Guide.

Like some ps -ef  commands or something else?

If I can get something like above command then my problem could be solved up to some extent.

The other way I was thinking is like if we can dispatch EG logs to somewhere on Linux machine that would also help.

Please suggest if there is a way to dispatch EG logs to Linux machine instead of displaying the log on EG log window.

PROC Star

Posted in reply to suchismita

It's been a while since I've done SAS admin, so I can't recall whether I did or not. It was certainly the kind of thing that we were trying to do.

I suggest you post this in the SAS Administration area, and I'm sure someone will be able to give you a definitive answer.

In terms of writing the logs to your server, "proc printto" is the way to redirect the SAS log.

Tom

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation