Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Totals and Subtotals on Summary Tables

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Totals and Subtotals on Summary Tables

How do i include totals and subtotals when making a summary table on EG?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-29-2012 11:01 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Totals and Subtotals on Summary Tables

Hi:

If you are using the Summary Tables Task, then when you are in the table designer, look for an available CLASS variable that is labelled Total (ALL) -- you can drag that item to any dimension in order to produce subtotals and totals. See this example of a table design, there I have AGE nested with SEX as the CLASS variables and get the mean of HEIGHT in the columns, then I have both sub-totals and a total on the table design.

cynthia

View solution in original post

Attachment

All Replies
Solution
‎10-29-2012 11:01 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

If you are using the Summary Tables Task, then when you are in the table designer, look for an available CLASS variable that is labelled Total (ALL) -- you can drag that item to any dimension in order to produce subtotals and totals. See this example of a table design, there I have AGE nested with SEX as the CLASS variables and get the mean of HEIGHT in the columns, then I have both sub-totals and a total on the table design.

cynthia

Attachment
Contributor

Thank you i appreciate it, that really helped!

Contributor

STEP 4 of Summary Table Wizard, play with grand total drop down, til you see the totals you want.  Shows up on the right side for each selection

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation