Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

To update SAS dataset

Contributor

To update SAS dataset

I have one table already in the library.  I need to update the table with some new rows or observation. May be the rows will be sometimes thousands of, or sometime only 10 rows. I can not delete the table from the library. I need easiest process to do this. There in the table there is a possibility also we can use special sign. also the length of some columns more than 100.

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Sourav

Super User

Re: To update SAS dataset

Posted in reply to Sourav_sas

Not sure what is the challenge is here. It seem like a normal data processing to me.

What have you tried, your thoughts so far?

Data never sleeps
Contributor

Please tell me then how do I update the table, if I have 1000 new data to update in the table?

Super User

You have left out some important information:

• Are you always adding new rows, and never changing the existing rows?
  • Is the data set currently in sorted order?  Is it important to keep it in sorted order?
  • Does your data set with the updates in it contain exactly the same variables, defined in exactly the same way as the original data?

Here's a simple program that might be appropriate, depending on how you answer those questions:

proc append data=new_rows base=have;

run;

Super User

Forgive me, but it sounds like you have no idea of what you are doing.

Start by taking the SAS Programming 1 training, which will give you a foundation to stand on when it comes to manipulating data.

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation