Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Synchronizing EG project changes with Stored Processes

Occasional Contributor

Synchronizing EG project changes with Stored Processes

Hi,
I use several query tool and sas code in my project to produce a report for Web Report Studio by Stored Processes.
If I need to modify my report, I can modify the code of my s.p. or the project (and than rebuild the s.p.).
I know it's possible to produce a sas code for the whole project, and than synchronize it to the s.p.
Well, I was wandering if I can to link directly the project to the s.p. without to rebuild the sas code., so I change, e.g., a query builder and the s.p. is updated.
I use EG 4.2.

bye
Costas
Occasional Contributor

Re: Synchronizing EG project changes with Stored Processes

HI,
no tips about?

Costas
Frequent Contributor

I dont this there is anyway to do this.

The EG project is stored in a EG specfic file (.egp) which can be only read by the EG client, not by SAS.

When you schedule a EG project it creates a vbs file that is used to run the EG roject in the baqckground. I can't remember if it is runs the .egp or if the EG priject is exported as a .sas file.

You could do somethig tricky trying to get the STP to call this version, but you would then have to scheduel the EG project each time you make a change.

So the answer is nope to what you want to do I think.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Shane,
I hope in the future SAS add some tool to automate the Stored Processes maked and changed from EG.

Bye
Costas
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation