I have developed a program which generates a PDF report using the PROD REPORT and ODS PDF Statement.
I want to create a stored process and deploy it on the portal for the end users to execute and see the report.
I do the following.
1) Right click on the empty space in the EG Project and select "Create Stored Process".
2) It walks me thru the wizard asking for parameters and the server where it will be run.
3) One screen asks for Streaming Output- I select this option and create the stored process.
4) I log on to the stored process explorer, and click on the stored process i have created.
5) It asks me for the parameters, i key in the paratmeter, go to the advance menu and select PDF as the output method.
When i run the stored process the stored process is run successfully but the report does not open.
Another point to keep in mind is that while you can create the stored process and run the stored process in EG to get PDF results, you may not be able to get PDF results in all the various client applications.
For example, if you run your stored process in PowerPoint or Web Report Studio, those client applications can only "receive" SASReport XML output from stored processes.
If you use EG or the Information Delivery Portal or the SAS Stored Process Web Application to run your stored process, then you can receive PDF results with those client applications.
If you use the SAS Stored Process Web Application to run your stored process, you may need to use the STPSRV_HEADER function to tell the SPWA that you are returning PDF results to the browser.
As long as your stored process is executed in EG, however, you should be OK getting PDF results. Changing the result type to transient, as Chris recommends is a good idea. (But even with transient output, I do not believe you can receive PDF results from a stored process in PowerPoint or Web Report Studio.)
I'm not sure what you mean by "advance menu", but if you mean the form which prompts the users for information about the stored process, this Tech Support article has information on how to suppress the execution options: http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts764.pdf