Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

State Map Chart

Contributor

State Map Chart

I am working on creating a state map chart in Enterprise Guide. The map is reversing the West and East of the state that I am selecting.

Any pointers on what I can do to change this in EG?

Thanks,

Super User

Re: State Map Chart

The basic change would likely be to change the sign of all of the X coordinates in the data. Without knowing how you got there, projection or other manipulation, other possibilities may exist.

Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I am used Map Chart while in the Query that I want to use the for the response data source and mapsas.counties for the map data source. The later dataset contains the coordinates, would I have to modify this datasets?

Community Manager

You might want to check this paper for some guidance and examples.  It also includes links to other resources.

Easier than You Think: Creating Maps with SAS® Enterprise Guide® by Stephanie Thompson

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/311-2011.pdf

Chris

Contributor

Thanks Chris! I am able to create the map, but my coordinates are not coming out correctly. Basicly, I need to flip the coordinates. I am using Enterprise Guide to create the map with mapsas.counties for the map data source. My East and West are reveresed. I am trying to figure out how to correct this.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation