BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
We are transistioning from EG3 to EG4, and have noticed some libraries we had access t in EG 3 are not showing at all in EG 4. We did the "simple straight-forward" install of EG 4. If someone has an idea as to why the libraries we could see in EG 3 cannot be seen in EG 4, would you please let me know? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
deleted_user
Not applicable
Anyone???? Any ideas?? I've already contacted tech support, but haven't received anything concrete from there yet, so if anyone has an idea or two, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
On some desktops, when I installed Eguide 4, the library list that was assigned at startup in EGuide 3 did not show up in Eguide 4. If this happens, one must click on Tools; SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer. Then, in that window, click on file; new; library and go through the window to create a link to each of the libraries that you want in your server list. Do not forget to check the box for "assign at startup" so they will always be there when you start eguide 4. Also, before you install EGuide 4, go to EGuide 3 and open the dataset VLIBNAM that is in your SASHELP library. This file will list all of your assigned libraries and their paths. Print out that list and you can use it to reassign all of the libraries in EGuide 4. I recommend that you install EGuide 4 BEFORE you uninstall EGuide 3 and, in most cases the libraries will carry over - but not always.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for replying, JohnH....sorry it took so long for me to reply, but I had given up on expecting a reply. I'll play around with your comments and see what I can shake out.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Are you sure that you are pointing to the same metadata repository that you used with EG3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Yes....I only have one metadata repository residing on a server that is dedicated to SAS data and modules.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation