BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jwcris
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I'm working on a SAS Enterprise Guide Stored Process - using the Wizards. This will be handed off to a user who doesn't want to code, so will need to be super simple. I have four variables. Those four variables need to have a single default value. There should be only one variable to one value. User is allowed to specify additional values, and results are output to a secondary table (the user input does not change default values).

Here is an example of the defualt data that I'm working with:

%let CPU = 1000;

%let Inv = 20000;

%let Hra = 112;

%let Wind = 16;

data mylib.default_parms;

length Var_name $18. Value 6.;

Var_name = 'CPU'; Value = "&CPU";

output;

Var_name = 'Inv Level'; Value = "&Inv";

output;

Var_Name = 'Heart Rate Average'; Value = "&Hra";

output;

Var_name = 'Wind Speed'; Value = "&Wind";

output;

run;

The current default values are approx. 80% of "max-value", and the range is [ 0 : "max-value" ]. A user can request that the default value be changed to 75%. So on the backend we would (alter the default_parms table created above with a) change to the let statements. Wind Speed would be 15 instead of 16. This will then automatically display the new default value (not the difficult part). I have only been able to achieved this by using dynamic lists. 

However, here is where the issue is, when using dynamic lists the CPU drop down should only have 1000 displayed. Instead the drop down is including all values that qualify within range - i.e. 112 for Heart Rates and 16 for Wind Speed both display. I have only been able to achieve this by using static lists.

Is this within the prompt wizards and Stored Process wizards capabilities? Can I specify the single default dynamic values with no additional drop down values?

I have attached an example of my prompt settings.

Thank you,

Jace

Stored_Process.jpg
1 REPLY 1
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You could put an 'x' in front of the CPU values beyond 1,000...that would filter them out because of the 'allow only integer values' condition you selected.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation