Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Set default log export to "Log Files (*.log)"

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor SDV
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Set default log export to "Log Files (*.log)"

When exporting the log file from Enterprise Guide's Log tab the dialog that pops up defaults to type "Text (*.txt)".  Can I change it to  default to type "Log Files (*.log)" instead?

Thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-10-2015 11:31 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Set default log export to "Log Files (*.log)"

Correct, there is not currently a way to change the default extension for the file that results from exporting a log from EG.  The default is "Text Files (*.txt)" and you have to explicitly change it to "Log Files (*.log)" each time you export, if that is the extension you desire.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

Yes, you can.If you check the drop down list where you found .txt.

What version is your SAS EG?

Contributor SDV
Contributor

EG 7.1

There must be a misunderstanding.  When I am in the log window, I click Export Log..., the Save dialog opens with the default for "Files of type:" set to "Text Files (*.txt)", I choose "Log Files (*.log)" and save my log.  That is fine for the first time, but I want the Save dialog to default to a "Files of type:" being set to "Log Files (*.log)" and not the text files.   Every time I use the Export Log... the save dialog comes up with the "Files of type:" set to text files.

I don't see a way to specify this. 

Solution
‎04-10-2015 11:31 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Correct, there is not currently a way to change the default extension for the file that results from exporting a log from EG.  The default is "Text Files (*.txt)" and you have to explicitly change it to "Log Files (*.log)" each time you export, if that is the extension you desire.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation