Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Server migration

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Learner
Accepted Solution

Server migration

Hello

My firm just made a migration of our data from an old server called 'My_Server' to a new one called called 'My Server'.

However, the SAS EG projects are not working anymore, as they make references to data located on the old server ('My_Server'). So when trying to run a process flow, I get errors like 'Impossible to establish connection to server My_Server'.

I was thinking to define an alias named 'My_Server' pointing to 'My Server'. Is there a way to do that ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-22-2016 02:57 AM
Community Manager

Re: Server migration

There are tools in SAS Enterprise Guide that can help you to remap your projects.

Looks at Tools->Project Maintenance to fix projects one-at-a-time.  For batches of projects, look at the MigrationWizard.exe that's installed in the SAS Enterprise Guide directory.  Here's an oldie-but-goodie blog post that shows how it works.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-22-2016 02:57 AM
Community Manager

Re: Server migration

There are tools in SAS Enterprise Guide that can help you to remap your projects.

Looks at Tools->Project Maintenance to fix projects one-at-a-time.  For batches of projects, look at the MigrationWizard.exe that's installed in the SAS Enterprise Guide directory.  Here's an oldie-but-goodie blog post that shows how it works.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation