BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RubenPloeg
Calcite | Level 5

I scrolled down all support pages of sas but cannot find my answer. My question is short and simple: Is there a code for SAS EG that establishes the connection with a server?

With server, I mean the servers as they are found in the Tools>SAS Enterprise guide explorer, and with code I mean a code line in your sas program so that the program itself automatically runs on the right server.

Hope this is just a simple question, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The server connection has to be established before you can run any SAS code, so this would not work anyway.

And there is no SAS code element to "remote control" the frontend.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Good news: it is a simple question. Bad news: the answer is "no".

As @Kurt_Bremser says, EG has to establish a SAS session before any SAS code can  be executed. This is done using facilities that don't involve any SAS code. So there's no way from within SAS code to invoke a server.

In my experience, EG starts a SAS server session as soon as I submit code, or when I open a server to examine the files and datasets.

Tom

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation