BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jani1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi!

I'm hoping someone could help me.  When I want to export/send my results to Excel, SAS tells me: It is unable to send the report to Excel.  A compatible version of the SAS Add-in for Microsoft office is either not installed or not enabled for Microsoft Excel. 

I have enabled all the SAS add-ins that I could possibly see in Excel, how can I go about fixing this problem?  I feel very lost at this point and unsure how to enable the add-ins or how to find them to install them.

Thank you for the help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Some explanation for those coming late to this or who are curious.

Send To Excel is available from the data viewer in SAS Enterprise Guide.  You don't need SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office or SAS/ACCESS to PC Files.  This feature works by automating Excel and populating a sheet with records from the active data set.  For large data, it can take a while -- but for most data, it's quick and easy.  However, it's an interactive method only -- not captured in a program or in the process flow.

My guess is that at first, @Jani1 was looking at the options for ODS results (SAS Report) and saw that Send To Excel was not available -- that does require SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.  However, if you want to send your report to Excel, the best way (now) is to enable Excel as an ODS destination, available in Tools->Options->Results in EG 7.13 (supported with SAS 9.4m3 and later).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
art297
Opal | Level 21

Do you license sas/access for pcfile formats? That's necessary, I think, to do what you want.

If you do, show the code you ran and indicate whether your Excel files are 32 or 64 bit.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Jani1
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you, I got it sorted!
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Jani1

Can you please share your code and log or at least explain a bit more what exactly you're doing?

The SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office is typically used in a setting where Excel is the client and you then connect out of Excel to SAS. It appears you're trying to do something different.

You can use SAS to write to Excel but that doesn't required the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office as much as I know.

Here some of the options: http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/02/11/export-excel-methods/ 

Jani1
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you, I got it sorted! No add-in needed.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Some explanation for those coming late to this or who are curious.

Send To Excel is available from the data viewer in SAS Enterprise Guide.  You don't need SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office or SAS/ACCESS to PC Files.  This feature works by automating Excel and populating a sheet with records from the active data set.  For large data, it can take a while -- but for most data, it's quick and easy.  However, it's an interactive method only -- not captured in a program or in the process flow.

My guess is that at first, @Jani1 was looking at the options for ODS results (SAS Report) and saw that Send To Excel was not available -- that does require SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.  However, if you want to send your report to Excel, the best way (now) is to enable Excel as an ODS destination, available in Tools->Options->Results in EG 7.13 (supported with SAS 9.4m3 and later).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm getting an error when I'm trying to send a Proc Freq out to Excel with the "Send to Excel" option in SAS EG 7.13 (SAS 9.4 M2).

It was working last week, and all of a sudden, I'm getting an error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Linda

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@Linda_V - I suggest that you start a new topic with this question, or pursue with SAS Technical Support.  Be sure to include the details of your steps (are you using SAS Report output or data sets output from PROC FREQ?) and the detailed error message.

TeTe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.

Is there any way to configure SAS EG 7.1 to connect to Excel (with Add-ins 6.1) on the other machine for "send to" option?

AlanC
Barite | Level 11
Consider a custom EG task.
https://github.com/savian-net
jrsousa2
Obsidian | Level 7

Maybe the OP didn't ask about this, but when I click send to, I only see useless Google (why the heck would I want to send my data to Google?)

Is there a way to enable the Send to Excel, like all normal EG's do?

sas.png

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@jrsousa2 You should not see that option (Send to Chrome) for data -- only for HTML results (suitable for a browser).  If that's what you truly see, you might need to check with SAS Tech Support.  Your screenshot looks a little off.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 in conversation