BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KMarie_84
Calcite | Level 5

Good morning, I have a user who is attempting to select input data on a library and it is greyed out. What could be causing this? He right clicks and on the library and it greyed out.

Select Input Data.png
5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This is most probably a library defined in the metadata, where the user can read the metadata, but has no physical read/execute permissions for the directory granted by the operating system. Or you have some peculiar permission problem in the metadata itself.

Check a library that the user can access vs. the library where it does not work.

KMarie_84
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Kurt. This library actually is not defined in metadata. The user created it by going to tools/assign project library. When the library is assigned, you can see all the data under that library in the server list however, the option to simply select it via the select input option is not available.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Oh, I see.

Assigning libraries is actually just a procedure like all the rest, it executes SAS code, and has the same context menu. But this is SAS code that has no optional input data, and therefore the option is greyed out. The SAS code inside is just

LIBNAME XXX BASE 'path_to_library';

KMarie_84
Calcite | Level 5

Kurt,

I nspeaking with my user, I discovered that he is actually trying to select input data on an import data task. Does the same rule of thumb apply as the library? He said he remembers it working prior to us moving to EG6.1, but he could be wrong.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

AFAIK, "Select Input Data" is for the selection of SAS tables. I suggest the user will have to do a "Modify" on the import task.

As I am on EG 4.3, I only have import tasks for JMP, SPSS and Stata, and never used them.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation