BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RAmarapuram
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team

Request you to kindly provide steps on how to schedule a .sas file and .egp file in SAS Enterprise guide 7.1.

I have gone through Chris's paper on scheduling but unfortunately I am unable to connect to steps with 7.1 version.

Is there any pre-requisite for the same.

Please help me.

Apologies if this was a basic question, but I am new to SAS EG.

Thanks

Raj

4 REPLIES 4
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Raj,

To schedule an EG project, click Schedule Project from the File menu in EG.  That will prompt you to save your project if you haven't already, and will then open the Windows Task Scheduler dialog where you can configure the schedule settings...

schedule.png

The Triggers tab is where you specify the time/date and recurrence (or even another event to trigger the task).  If you look at the Actions tab, you'll notice that the scheduled task is running a .vbs file created by EG.  The .vbs file opens and runs the EG project via automation.

Note: This EG project scheduling is carried out by the Windows Task Scheduler built into Windows.  In other words, it is client-side scheduling.  Another common approach is to develop .sas files in EG, save them in a location accessible to a server, then use server-side scheduling utilities (ex. LSF, etc.) to run the .sas programs.  In the former approach, the EG project is being scheduled/run (exactly as it would if you manually opened and ran the EG project in EG), whereas in the latter, .sas programs are being scheduled/run (independent of the EG project).

If you having problems scheduling and EG project, first make sure you have permissions to create a scheduled task on your Windows machine -- start the Windows Task Scheduler and create any scheduled task (ex. to open notepad).  (You can access the Windows Task Scheduler via Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler.)

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

This works so well!  I did not need a bat file or anything....Glad we upgraded to 7.1.

jennifert
SAS Employee

There is also some information about scheduling projects and process flows with the Windows Task Scheduler in the EG online help, if you're interested.  Click Help > SAS Enterprise Guide Help and search for "scheduling projects" on the Search tab.

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation