BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi ALL,

I want to know are there any schedulers which will be used to schedule a SAS job, that can be run in any platform.

There are some schedulers for UNIX (Cron), WIndows, but my intention is to creating scheduled Sas job that will run in any OS with out any issues.

Any suggestions pls.

Thanks,

-Vish

5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Vish,

You have posted this to the Enterprise Guide forum.  If that is your working environment, the only way to schedule programs with that environment is by using the Windows Scheduler.  You can search the forum for a much broader discussion of the issues here.

Doc Muhlbaier

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Doc

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Doc,

I am going to work with a remote machine and our requirement is not to shedule the jobs by using Windows scheduler  . I want to schedule the jobs on server so that even i log off my pc it should work!!

I want to automate the reports and schedule it accordingly. Any thoughts on what scheduler is better and the tool we are going to use is SAS EG as of now.

So any suggestions from your side will be greately helpful for me.

Thanks,

Vish

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think that you have two requirements that are in conflict (not using Windows Scheduler and using EG), so one will need to be modified.

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok Doc..i leave EG as of now. My intention is to first schedule the job on the server side not from my local machine, so that if any problems from my loacl machine would'nt affect the scenario.

So what would be your suggestions on this, can you tell me a process that i can look into.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation