Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Save EG 4.3 Project as an EG 4.22 Project

Contributor

Save EG 4.3 Project as an EG 4.22 Project

For various reasons, we have a group of EG users running EG 4.3 and a group running EG 4.22. I am one of the 4.3 users, and I would like to be able to create a project and share it with the 4.22 users. Is there a way for me to make my projects available to 4.22 users?
Community Manager

Re: Save EG 4.3 Project as an EG 4.22 Project

I'm afraid not...the EG project is not backward compatible.

If your project contains mostly programs on disk, and the project just organizes them for use, obviously you can share the programs but have two different versions of the projects. But I guess you have more integrated project content than that.

Chris
Contributor

Thanks Chris. Many of the projects are composed primarily of EG tasks. I think the best solution will be to get all of the users upgraded to 4.3 (over 100 users). About the time I get that accomplished, EG 5.1 will be out...
Contributor

Hi just a question, Techo.

How are you installing EG to user....via LAN MSI, SAS Depot, ZENworks, some other method? And do users have admin rights on their PCs?

Thanks.
Contributor

The majority of our installations are deployed through the LAN. We subset our software depot (http://support.sas.com/kb/39/110.html) to include only EG and AMO and created a response file for quiet installation (http://support.sas.com/kb/37/041.html) . Our IT folks then created a little script to run the setup routine from the depot (not necessary, but they like the control). The users are given admin rights to perform the installation, but those rights are removed after installation and logout.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation