Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Sas profile creation

Contributor

Sas profile creation

Hi ,

I have installed SAS EG and DI ,while opening DI it is asking to create the profile ,can any one guide how to create the profile.

Thanks 

Trusted Advisor

Re: Sas profile creation

Hello @molla,

you will need to provide the following details:

- hostname  (where metadata server runs)

- port (of the metadata server... perhaps more than one metadata server/level/environment is installed on the same machine, ask your SAS Admin)

- the name of the connection (something representative for you)

- username and password (yours, for that server).

Contributor

I have installed SAS 9.4 on my local system ,what details I have to fill while creating the SAS profile,I don't have knowledge on that,could you please guide me on that
Contributor

I have installed on my local machine what will be my metadata server?what will be the username and password
Super User

With a local installation, you can work without a metadata profile and use the "Local" server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser
While starting DI it is asking to create a new profile,which requires the following details machine,server,port,user ID, password, authentication domain,what will be this fields
Super User

This Communities article contains detailed instructions for setting up a profile for local SAS:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Using-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-with-your-local-SA...

Trusted Advisor

When you mention that, do you meas Base SAS (aka SAS Foundation)?

EG can connect to a local SAS Server (local Base SAS) but DI requires a metadata server and a workspace server. It can be installed locally of course, but better on a server to collaborate with others (if you need to) and perhaps better ask SAS or a trusted Partner to do this kind of installation if you do not onow how.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation