SIGNON to maiframe from EG

Frequent Contributor

SIGNON to maiframe from EG

dear all,
in a normal SAS session i use code below:
FILENAME RLINK 'c:\data\sas\tcpip\tcpaxa.SCR';
OPTIONS COMAMID=TCP REMOTE=PRDSYS;
SIGNON;

IF i put this code in a 'program' in an eGuide project, it does NOT work (=ask for userid & passw) !!
IS this not possible in eGuide??

Regards,
Herman
Esteemed Advisor

Re: SIGNON to maiframe from EG

This could work if you run it when EG is using a local SAS installation as a server.
Chances are that your site prefers that you work directly with mainframe SAS. In this case, your EG session should login via a SAS metadata server, and your code will run in a SAS workspace server, on the mainframe.
I suggest that you contact your SAS admin on the mainframe for connection details.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
Respected Advisor

Please confirm if your SAS signon program is being run on the same SAS server or not for both the "normal SAS session" and your EGP version. If you are not running this program on the same servers then you could get different results.
Trusted Advisor

I'm not very knowledgeable on this but my colleagues have told me that SAS/Connect (which is what does the signon) doesn't play well with the Integration Technologies used by Enterprise Guide. If you don't get it working quickly, you should probably throw it to Tech. Support.
Respected Advisor

Tom

You shouldn't believe everything your colleagues tell you.

The rsubmit command (mp connect) is issued on the SAS Server. EG has nothing to do with it except of sending all the code to the SAS Server and retrieving the result.

Cheers
Patrick
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation