Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SASGrid: Changing the path that it looks at

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SASGrid: Changing the path that it looks at

I have used FTP to put some sas7bdat files into a particular directory called "sas_work1". The "util_bas.sas" file which is referred to below is also in this directory. This directory as seen on WinSCP is located at the <root>. My code currently runs into an error with the line below:

%include "sas_work1/util_bas.sas";

The error is "Error: Cannot open %INCLUDE file sas_work1/util_bas.sas" and the note is that the "Physical file does not exist, /sasuserhome/zkj/sas_work1/util_bas.sas."

SAS is clearly only looking at files under /sasuserhome/zkj/ but I do not have enough space in this location and have thus moved my files to another directory. Is there a way to get SAS to look directly at the <root> rather than at /sasuserhome/zkj/?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-19-2017 01:07 PM
Trusted Advisor

Re: SASGrid: Changing the path that it looks at

Hello @Sid9,

you are using a relative path.Try with an absolute path, meaning /my_directory/sas_work1/util_bas.sas in opposition to sas_work1/util_bas.sas. Please not the / sign at the beginning which means "root directory".

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-19-2017 01:07 PM
Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sid9,

you are using a relative path.Try with an absolute path, meaning /my_directory/sas_work1/util_bas.sas in opposition to sas_work1/util_bas.sas. Please not the / sign at the beginning which means "root directory".

PROC Star

If Juan's suggestion doesn't fix you up, another issue on a grid is that your code may run on different grid nodes, so your file has to be in a directory that's visible from all the nodes. Your grid administrator can help you select the correct directory.

Tom

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation