BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rajadilly
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to integrate the Enhanced editor inside C#.net (Windows application). I have following environment.

1. Visual Studio 2010

2. SAS EG 6.1

3. .Net Framework 4.0

I referred SAS.Tasks.Toolkit in to my project and used SAS.Tasks.Toolkit.Controls.SASTextEditorCtl in a form. After compiling and executing the project, when I try to type inside the editor control, I don't get any Intellisense for SAS code. Even Expand and collapse option for SAS program structure also not displayed. I even copied SAS.EnhancedEditorData.dll inside the Debug folder, but still I didn't get expected result. Am I missing any other dlls?

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Raja

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Interesting.  I would be interested to know how SAS integrates with .net (as I am not a big fan of Java), send me a message if you don't want to post code publicly.  I only have a suggestion for you, other IDE's have a text editor with a parameter to load a schema file (a bit like  a CSS) with all the functions structure, colorings etc.  You maybe missing that part.  Otherwise the only thing I can think of is actually embedding another editor - all of the ones out there from Notepadd++ to Exclipse - tend to have more functionality than the Enhanced Editor, and they have plugins for many different languages, here is Notepad++ which has a SAS one:

http://npp-wiki.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=User_Defined_Language_Files

rajadilly
Calcite | Level 5

RW9,

Thanks for your reply. I actually needed only SASTextEditorCtl in my windows application.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

RW9,

You might be interested in this article.  It also contains links to a detailed paper and a GitHub repository with a working example.

Build your own SAS client app with Microsoft .NET - The SAS Dummy

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Raja,

The step-by-step instructions for incorporating this control into a custom task are covered in Chapter 12 of Custom Tasks for SAS Enterprise Guide using Microsoft .NET.

I also have another working example of this available from here (with source code):

http://go.sas.com/customtasksapi

Specifically, you want the SAS Program Runner example.  It's a custom task that looks like this (running in my SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1):

programrunner.png

Note: SAS supports the use of this control only within custom tasks that are running in SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.  You may not use these libraries within other standalone applications.  They may not work for technical reasons, but beyond that these code libraries are not permitted for use outside of the SAS applications that they ship with.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation