BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dbillig
Fluorite | Level 6

I Have a sas dataset where all variables have a format tied to them using proc format.  However, the dataset isn't displaying those formats when I have the dataset open, it just shows the raw value.  So for examle 1=male for gender variable.  When I look at the sas dataset I see "1", but if I do a proc print I see "male", so I know the variable actually does have the format because it shows up in proc print.

Anyone know why the format isn't displaying when I look at the raw dataset?  Is there an option in EG that toggles between seeing the raw value vs the formatted value or something?

Thanks,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

If you have a custom format, which your result of "male" implies, you need to make sure that the library with the format is in the search path.

If you didn't place the format in a permanent library and it was created in WORK, then it was likely erased at the end of your previous session.

dbillig
Fluorite | Level 6

It's a format created with "proc format".  It was created in work too, but it was created in my active session, I know the format is tied to the sas dataset because i can see it when doing a "proc print", so I don't think it's an issue with sas not linking them properly.  It just doesn't show up when I'm looking at the sas dataset, the sas dataset shows "1", proc print shows "male"

Lida
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Dave,

I have exact same problem. Did you find a solution to it?

Thanks! lidia

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

I got similar ploblem and looking around for any solution.

Thanks,
Suryakiran

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation