Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS User Defined Formats

Contributor

SAS User Defined Formats

We currently have two seperate SAS environemts, one running SAS 9.1 and the other 9.2. I am attempting to transfer an OLAP cube from one to the other but there is a user defined format which does not exist in the 9.2 environment and is therefore causing an error.

Can anyone tell me how I can view all user defined formats in SAS 9.1 and export/import to the 9.2 environment.

Thanks
Respected Advisor

Re: SAS User Defined Formats

You could query SASHELP.VFORMAT.

By looking at the data it seems to me formats with "source='C'" are user defined (not sure about it).

proc format;
value $test
'1'='1';
invalue _test
'1'=1;
run;

proc sql;
describe view sashelp.vformat;
select source, fmttype,count(*) as N_obs from sashelp.vformat group by source,fmttype;
select * from sashelp.vformat where source='C';
quit;

HTH
Patrick

P.S: About copying
If this is from SAS9.1 under Windows to SAS9.2 under Windows then just copying the whole catalogue should be fine.
If a same named catalogue already exists in the target environment then investigate PROC CATALOG (in source: copy formats to "transport" catalogue, move "transport" catalogue to target (i.e. ftp), move or copy formats from "transport" catalogue to target catalogue). Message was edited by: Patrick
Contributor

Thanks. Running this code provides me with a list of user defined formats in each environment. Can anyone tell me how I go about transferrring them (I can no longer find the PROC FORMAT code used to create them.
Contributor

Sorry, didn't see the part of your message re copying...will try this....thanks again
New Contributor gso
New Contributor

Look at this Documentation :

http://support.sas.com/kb/22/194.html

Gaétan
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation