BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mmagnuson
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I created computed columns using SAS Query Builder and then at the end of the report wanted to chnage the format of a variable and use traffic lighting.  Since I don't know how to use the click and point feature to use traffic lighting I decided to write the code out for it.  I went to edit the code from the query builder which prompted me to copy the code and then be able to append the format/traffic lighting code.  The only issue is that every time I have to update the query builder it does not feed into the code in the program that I have copied so the changes do not feed into the final report that has the traffic lighting.  Is there anyway around this or something I could be doing differnetly to make it more simple?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You're either point-and-clicking your way to a solution, or writing code yourself. Once you take code out of the p&c interface, it's up to you to maintain it.

The code that SAS creates for a node is always a result of the internal metadata inside that node. Every change you make results in a complete rewrite of the code (although that happens so fast you can't see it). Once you take the code out and modify it, there's no way for SAS to follow that and somehow make metadata for it.

How do you implement the traffic lighting?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You're either point-and-clicking your way to a solution, or writing code yourself. Once you take code out of the p&c interface, it's up to you to maintain it.

The code that SAS creates for a node is always a result of the internal metadata inside that node. Every change you make results in a complete rewrite of the code (although that happens so fast you can't see it). Once you take the code out and modify it, there's no way for SAS to follow that and somehow make metadata for it.

How do you implement the traffic lighting?

mmagnuson
Quartz | Level 8

I'm usig proc report to traffic light.  Is there a way to point-and-click?

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15
I don't think so.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation