BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
is anyone using custom metadata repositories with EG and if so, can you use the SAS Folders? I'm having troubles with SAS Folders, when I try to access them in EG when I'm connected to a custom metadata repository.

The SAS Folders window says "There was an error retrieving the stored process metadata. Enterprise Guide cannot display the list of stored processes in the current repository".

When I use the EG explorer and try to open SAS Folders I get: "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'SAS Folders\BIP Tree' Key being added: 'SAS Folders\BIP Tree'."

I have previously created Information Maps under my BIP Tree in Custom repository. What I would like to do is enable users connected to custom repositories to be able to create Stored Processes and Publish their reports to WRS repository.

I know custom repositories are not 100% supported in 9.1.3 SP4 for BI Clients, but still...
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
The limitation is that EG 4.1 doesn't tolerate folders with identical paths among different repositories. Because EG presents this as one aggregate view of everything -- it does not merge folder contents that originate in different repositories.

For example:

FOUNDATION\BIP Tree\Report Studio\Reports\Stored Processes
HR\BIP Tree\Report Studio\Reports\Stored Processes

Would create a conflict -- ONLY IF EG is pointed at the HR repository, which "looks through" to Foundation.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Chris! I figured it out too, and now I have another question for you:

Do EG 4.1 and SAS 9.1.3 SP4 support publishing SAS reports to WRS repository when connected to Custom repository in EG?

For example I have source data available only to Marketing people in my Custom repository called Marketing and I would like to combine all my analyses on that data to one report in the SAS report format and publish it to a Folder accessible by Marketing people via WRS or Portal. I want to be able to use WRS for Foundation and/or other Custom repositories too.

How about the limitations with Publication channels how are those related to the use of Custom repositories?

If you can provide answers to these questions it would be very helpful and same me a lot of time from testing it out myself...

BR,
Jouni
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I'm afraid the answer to this is "it depends".

In general, it should work. However, some repository update operations can fail if the item you are adding to metadata contains references to objects within a different repository. For example, if your SAS report contains references to stored processes that reside in Foundation, things might not completely work as you hope.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation