BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
isaacmkhethwa1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I have tried to do the testing by clicking prompts on SAS intergartion technology by inserting my host name and port number 8561 but still nothing happens.

Please help.

Regards

Isaac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

From that error message, it appears you do not have a metadata server running on that host and port.  Here is what I would try:

1) Make sure you can ping the host your metadata server is supposedly running on (the same host in your EG profile).  If you can successfully ping the host, continue to step #2.  If not, there is your issue -- your client machine can't even see the metadata server machine on the network.

2) Run ITConfig2.exe from Integration Technologies installation directory (ex. C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\Integration Technologies) and attempt a connection to your metadata server...

a) select Test SAS Servers, Next

b) Enter a SAS server definition manually, Next

c) Change Currently Testing to "SAS Metadata Server", enter your host in Machine Name, change port to 8561 (or whatever port your metadata server is supposedly running on), and click Test

Since you can't connect from EG, I would not expect you to connect from the ITConfig2.exe test tool either, but good to confirm.  If either of those don't work, then you should contact your SAS admin.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Share your Error message.

isaacmkhethwa1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rahulg

See the attached for the error meassges.

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

The error message itself guide to check many things. Please verify all those points with your platform administrator. 

I can make out from Messgae that it is not able to make contact with metadata server. Thats why it is asking you to check whether server is up?

Do double check host name and port number.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

From that error message, it appears you do not have a metadata server running on that host and port.  Here is what I would try:

1) Make sure you can ping the host your metadata server is supposedly running on (the same host in your EG profile).  If you can successfully ping the host, continue to step #2.  If not, there is your issue -- your client machine can't even see the metadata server machine on the network.

2) Run ITConfig2.exe from Integration Technologies installation directory (ex. C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\Integration Technologies) and attempt a connection to your metadata server...

a) select Test SAS Servers, Next

b) Enter a SAS server definition manually, Next

c) Change Currently Testing to "SAS Metadata Server", enter your host in Machine Name, change port to 8561 (or whatever port your metadata server is supposedly running on), and click Test

Since you can't connect from EG, I would not expect you to connect from the ITConfig2.exe test tool either, but good to confirm.  If either of those don't work, then you should contact your SAS admin.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation