Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close (SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width -...

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close (SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width -...

Hi, 

I have been using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.12 in Citrix for about a month. All was fine until yesterday when I closed my citrix session and all the programs. After reopening everything again,  my program would not open. Instead the following message appeared:

"SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close". Below are the exception details. 

The solution in SAS support (http://support.sas.com/kb/43/655.html) won't work for me. I have no "4.3" folder. I only have a "7.1" folder but I don't have permissions to delete it. Here is what I have: C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\7.1

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Claudia

-------

Exception:

SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: System.InvalidOperationException
Message: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
Source: System.Windows.Forms
Target Site: set_SplitterDistance

Stack Trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
at SAS.EG.DockingManager.CloseDockingPanel(DockingPanel panel, Boolean asAutoHide)
at SAS.EG.DockingManager.SetPersistenceSettings(Settings settings)
at SAS.EG.MainForm.LoadMainFormPosition()
at SAS.EG.MainForm..ctor()
at SAS.EG.App.Startup(String[] args)
at SAS.EG.App.Main(String[] args)
at SAS.EG.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-07-2017 08:23 AM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close (SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width -.

Hi Silvio,

As mentioned earlier by @ChrisHemedinger and as per the SAS-Note, you can simple:

- Open your Windows Explorer

- Copy the following path into the address bar:

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide

- Rename the folder version (if you have SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1, you'll have a 7.1 folder, etc.)

- Start EG

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Damo

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close (SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width -.

Posted in reply to claudiajc

Try deleting this file.  You should have access to it:

%APPDATA%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\Settings.xml

Chris

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the solution. It arrived after the IT helpdesk found my profile to have become corrupted; so it was deleted and created again. I'll keep your answer in mind in case it happens again.

I appreciate your help.

Best,

ClaudiaJC

Learner

Posted in reply to claudiajc

Hi Claudia,

facing same challenge. Can you please let me know what exactly you did in order to overcome challenge. What steps did you follow to delete and recreate profile?

Thx,

silvio

Solution
‎08-07-2017 08:23 AM
SAS Employee

Hi Silvio,

As mentioned earlier by @ChrisHemedinger and as per the SAS-Note, you can simple:

- Open your Windows Explorer

- Copy the following path into the address bar:

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide

- Rename the folder version (if you have SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1, you'll have a 7.1 folder, etc.)

- Start EG

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Damo

Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot, I have been installing and uninstalling SAS EG. Your Solution helped me lot.

Contributor

Thanks for your reply, it works great.

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

Thank you, sir. It works after deleting. Thanks for the question and brilliant solution.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation