BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
scheme2121
Calcite | Level 5
My following commands are no longer working now. I am not sure what is causing the problem. I got recently installed hotfix for SAS Enterprise Guide and upgraded microsoft office. I did test with simple SAS statement as below. I did not get an error message and did not create directory either. There statements are working fine a few weeks ago. Any suggestions. Thanks.

filename fileref PIPE ‘a DOS command’;
%SYSEXEC Statement

for example,
Filename fileref PIPE ‘mkdir “c:\a dir”’;
Data _null_;
Infile fileref;
Input ;
Put _infile_;
Run;
1 REPLY 1
darrylovia
Quartz | Level 8
General submitting shell commands x piping etc... are turned-off in EG. But if system option –ALLOWXCMD is turned on you can do that. Maybe when the hotfix was applied this options was deactivated.

there is a work around using the MODULE function, below is a paper that I wrote that shows how to create directiory by accessing the Windows API directing.

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2010/CC06.Putnam.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation