BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
micoppoolse
Calcite | Level 5

Two people in my organisation encounter a problem in SAS Enterprise Guid 7.1. Before it works fine and they used SASEG a lot. But from the start of Sept 23, they could start SAS EG and libraries came up (were defined), but as soon as a table in a library was opened an error appears which said: 'Insufficient disc space.'

I have tried many thins to check. Disc quota for these particular users. Check the AD groups: they are registered correctly in SAS Man Console. I also emptied there workspaces.

Checked also the content of workspaces of colleques. Those spaces are all gathered at a specific disc.

No succesfully result. Does anyone have any idea?

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

My guess would be : insufficient workspace.

Are you already using the "Cleanwork Utility" from SAS?
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/hostwin/n0j43jculk2kasn1qh5h12f3kl3z.htm

This utility cleans up WORK directories that are no longer associated with an active SAS session.
If SAS is closed in a careless and unorthodox manner (by the user or by the software itself) the working directory may not be cleaned up. These "stale" work directories pile up.

But for such a problem you should actually contact SAS Technical Support in your country.

Regards,
Koen

micoppoolse
Calcite | Level 5

Thx Koen for your help and suggestion. Those temporary folders I already removed for this particular user. With no effect. Maybe there is somewhere an other folder in which those teno files can be hosted. I will check this. 

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Where do the utility files go?

I believe by default  UTILLOC=WORK , but maybe they are sent elsewhere in your SAS environment.

UTILLOC= is a system option.

Submit this piece of code (you will find out about the destination directories):

[ UTILLOC= is in the 2nd category (sasfiles). ]

proc options group=ENVFILES; run; /* Category: Environment Control: Files */ 
proc options group=SASFILES; run; /* Category: Files: SAS Files           */

BR,
Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation