BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cak221
Fluorite | Level 6

I am experiencing random crashing of SAS Enterprise Guide. Some days it happens consistently all day, when I try to work in the project, and other days it seems to be fine. I found this link which I thought might solve my problem (limiting, my path name + file names to less than 64 characters), but it is still happening. The crashing happens in the middle of typing code, not during submission or anything. Below is the the error detail. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Any guidance is appreciated!

Problem report created: Friday, April 21, 2017 5:54:20 PM UTC

Application Error

SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close

SAS Enterprise Guide has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.

Parameter name: startIndex

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Parameter name: startIndex

Source:          mscorlib

Target Site:     Substring

Stack Trace:

at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at SAS.EnhancedEditor.AutoComplete.CodeZoneManager.GetCurrentCodeZone(String source, Int32 col, Int32 row)

at SAS.EnhancedEditor.AutoComplete.AutoCompleter.ShowSyntaxHelpPopup(TextRange keywordRange)

at SAS.EnhancedEditor.Presentation.TextPane.HandleCurrentMouseToolTipRangeTimerTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

A hotfix was released just the other day: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Hot-Fix-Announcements/Updates-available-for-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-...

If you can use Help->Check for Updates, you'll get it automatically.  If not, you'll have to download and manually apply.  Judging from your description, this fix looks promising.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

A hotfix was released just the other day: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Hot-Fix-Announcements/Updates-available-for-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-...

If you can use Help->Check for Updates, you'll get it automatically.  If not, you'll have to download and manually apply.  Judging from your description, this fix looks promising.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
cak221
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks very much Chris. That was sure timely, that the update had to do with this issue. I was able to finally make the hotfix update yesterday, so I'm hoping the issue is gone for good!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation