Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS Enterprise Guide Crashing Repeatedly

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Enterprise Guide Crashing Repeatedly

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing random crashing of SAS Enterprise Guide. Some days it happens consistently all day, when I try to work in the project, and other days it seems to be fine. I found this link which I thought might solve my problem (limiting, my path name + file names to less than 64 characters), but it is still happening. The crashing happens in the middle of typing code, not during submission or anything. Below is the the error detail. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Any guidance is appreciated!

Problem report created: Friday, April 21, 2017 5:54:20 PM UTC

Application Error

SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close

SAS Enterprise Guide has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.

Parameter name: startIndex

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Parameter name: startIndex

Source:          mscorlib

Target Site:     Substring

Stack Trace:

at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at SAS.EnhancedEditor.AutoComplete.CodeZoneManager.GetCurrentCodeZone(String source, Int32 col, Int32 row)

at SAS.EnhancedEditor.AutoComplete.AutoCompleter.ShowSyntaxHelpPopup(TextRange keywordRange)

at SAS.EnhancedEditor.Presentation.TextPane.HandleCurrentMouseToolTipRangeTimerTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-25-2017 01:01 PM
Community Manager

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide Crashing Repeatedly

[ Edited ]

A hotfix was released just the other day: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Hot-Fix-Announcements/Updates-available-for-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-...

If you can use Help->Check for Updates, you'll get it automatically.  If not, you'll have to download and manually apply.  Judging from your description, this fix looks promising.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-25-2017 01:01 PM
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

A hotfix was released just the other day: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Hot-Fix-Announcements/Updates-available-for-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-...

If you can use Help->Check for Updates, you'll get it automatically.  If not, you'll have to download and manually apply.  Judging from your description, this fix looks promising.

New Contributor

Thanks very much Chris. That was sure timely, that the update had to do with this issue. I was able to finally make the hotfix update yesterday, so I'm hoping the issue is gone for good!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation