BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gabriel_k
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, 

I see that there is some kind of Git integration in SAS EG 7.1. There is Git installed on my machine and I can commit changes and then view the history of the local SAS repo. Is there a way to push and fitch from SAS EG or should I use Git ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paulkaefer
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

There is some git integration, but as of now, it's basic features. [source]

If the directory in which you are working is a git repository, you can commit and view the history:

git integration in EG.png

I'm pretty sure when I originally played with it, it will setup a repository if there isn't one and you go to commit. You may want to test yourself.

I have heard (see this discussion, e.g.) that there are some exciting improvements on the way as far as a more complete integration in both SAS Studio and EG, allowing pushing and more features of git. But for now, I'd recommend using an external commandline or GUI tool for your version control workflow.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
paulkaefer
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

There is some git integration, but as of now, it's basic features. [source]

If the directory in which you are working is a git repository, you can commit and view the history:

git integration in EG.png

I'm pretty sure when I originally played with it, it will setup a repository if there isn't one and you go to commit. You may want to test yourself.

I have heard (see this discussion, e.g.) that there are some exciting improvements on the way as far as a more complete integration in both SAS Studio and EG, allowing pushing and more features of git. But for now, I'd recommend using an external commandline or GUI tool for your version control workflow.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Here is a paper that covers the current Git integration in EG:

Check It Out! Versioning in SAS® Enterprise Guide®

And yes, as @paulkaefer mentioned, we are working on designs for more complete Git integration in Studio and EG in future releases.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

NijeB
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

May I know in which version you are planning to release GIT integration in SAS Studio?

Thanks

Subhadra

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Subhadra,

It is on the roadmap for SAS Studio and progress has been made, but it is too early to say what specific release it will be available in.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

NijeB
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the response.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation