BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ar558
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I have recently started using SAS EG 6.1 after more than a decade of exclusively using Base 9.2/9.4. I am finding the fact that if you view  a dataset in EG and then click away to look at code and come back the dataset has reset to the first column. This is extremely annoying (and time consuming with very wide datasets) and contrary to Base which stays open where you left it? Is there a way to switch this off so EG holds the dataset scroll position?

Thanks

Ar558

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Why are you using an outdated EG version? Current version is EG 8.2 - or alternatively use the browser based SAS Studio client.

If you've used the - honestly outdated - PC SAS client/SAS Windowing Environment then yes, there will be changes and yes, there are a few things which the "outdated" client has done "better". But.... The most current version is SAS Viya so better get used to the new clients and you're on-board with SAS EG and/or the browser based SAS Studio client (plus lots of other new browser based clients).

Ar558
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, My employer is still using v6. We are meant to be upgraded to either 8.1 or 8.2 in May.

Sounds like from your response there is no way to disable this "unscrolling" behaviour which is a little disappointing. Unless anyone else has an ideas?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Ar558  - I'm using Enterprise Guide 8.2.1 (the latest version) and it doesn't have this behaviour.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation