Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 Stored Process Prompt Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 Stored Process Prompt Issue

Almost a month back i noticed an issue with Stored Process Prompt in SAS EG 5.1. This issue however does not occur in 4.3.  I  have raised a incident with SAS Support on this.They are still working on the Fix i am assuming.

The issue is occurs when i create a simple stored process in SAS EG 5.1  having a Prompt of type "Dynamic List" and of "Multiple Value" ( ie User can choose more than one value) sourced from a SAS Dataset ( having for eg 15K records) and registered in a Metadata Library  and now if i click the Prompt PREVIEW button the SAS EG just hangs but does open the Prompt window after about 15 mins. when the same process is repeated this time changing the same  Prompt to a  "Single Value" ( ie User can choose only one value) then the Prompt Windows opens faster when PREVIEW is clicked.

In SAS EG 4.3 this issue does not occur at all.

Please see attached file for the Prompt build using SAS EG 5.1.

I am curious if anyone else too is facing the same issue. BTW i am using SAS EG 5.1 with the latest Hotfixes G35013 in place  on the Windows XP  SP3.

I hope a solution to this issue is found soon as i do not want to use SAS EG 4.3 anymore  because of the new features available in SAS EG 5.1

Thanks,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-17-2013 11:38 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 Stored Process Prompt Issue

I  have noticed that the Latest HOTFIX for SAS EG 5.1 : Hot Fixes for SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 has  fixed the above Issue.

Thanks,

Prashant

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-17-2013 11:38 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 Stored Process Prompt Issue

I  have noticed that the Latest HOTFIX for SAS EG 5.1 : Hot Fixes for SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 has  fixed the above Issue.

Thanks,

Prashant

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation