Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG on Linux - Send ODS to Windows

Frequent Contributor

SAS EG on Linux - Send ODS to Windows

[ Edited ]

So my new company has SAS EG installed on a linux SASGrid, but the computers are windows.  If I try to send ODS to the windows server, I get errors.  If I use proc export, I can set server =, port =, serveruser =, serverpass =, and that will let me export to the windows directory.  I can't seem to figure out how to enable this functionality with ODS.

Any ideas?

Edit to add:

The problem is that SAS Grid can't see the \\ folder in ODS (tagsets.excelxp or excel) - that's why I need to use the server options with proc export.  Error message is like:

29         ods tagsets.excelxp
30         file= "\\corp.keybank.com\Share$\CLE09\CRR - Credit Risk Reporting\PATTON\test\file = xx.xlsx"
31         style=normal;
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.EXCELXP Body file: \\corp.keybank.com\Share$\CLE09\CRR - Credit Risk Reporting\PATTON\test\file = xx.xlsx
ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /sas/foundation/sasconfig_grid/Lev1/SASGrid/\\corp.keybank.com\Share$\CLE09\CRR -
       Credit Risk Reporting\PATTON\test\file = xx.xlsx.
ERROR: No body file. TAGSETS.EXCELXP output will not be created.
Grand Advisor

Re: SAS EG on Linux - Send ODS to Windows

It helps to provide examples of the errors encountered. If you can provide some log conten of the code submitted and the errors it may prevent getting suggestions based on guesses because of insufficient details.

I am assuming (see what I mean) that you have appropriate write permissions and drive mappings to the other computer(s) already tested.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have all required access. I added some log to the OP.
Grand Advisor

The error message:

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /sas/foundation/sasconfig_grid/Lev1/SASGrid/\\corp.keybank.com\Share$\CLE09\CRR -
       Credit Risk Reporting\PATTON\test\file = xx.xlsx.

Shows 2 concerns. Note the change from /// to \\\ in the file path partway through. You don't send UNIX/LINUX paths to Windows as the OS gets horribly confused.

The second is using a relative path means that the program is trying to write to a location in the SASGrid configuration file area on what appears to be a SAS server.

You may need to use a Windows file path and it is a very good idea to use a fully qualfied path starting with a drive letter to ensure you can find the resulting file. There may be some additional OS configuration needed to work out that bit.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I've seen the slash changes.  I had the same issue with proc export, but that was solved by adding the options I mentioned in OP.  What I am trying to figure out now, is how to add those options to ODS.

This program executes fine.

proc export data = wes
outfile = '\\corp.keybank.com\Share$\CLE09\CRR - Credit Risk Reporting\PATTON\test\xx.xlsx'
dbms = xlsx;
SERVER_NAME=&_CLIENTMACHINE;  
serveruser='nt_a\pattowe';
serverpass='XX';
PORT=9621;;
run;
Frequent Contributor

bump
Grand Advisor

"Bumping" does not change the order of topics in this forum.

All it does is add the indicator of a new post to the topic.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation