BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Marcin_Lebiedz
Calcite | Level 5

I am looking for keyboard shortcuts (EG 6.1) that would allow faster switching between programs/open tables.

1. Is there any keyboard shortcut to quickly open previously open drop-down list (and then pick appropriate item)? See attached screen.

2. Is there any keyboard shortcut to activate Project Tree (while typing in Editor) / move between Project Tree and Editor?

Thanks in advance!

SASEG_dropdown.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi Marcin,

I talked with the EG development team, and while it looks like you won't be able to use keyboard shortcuts to do what you want right now, they are currently working on adding some new shortcuts. The new shortcuts do include one to access the recently viewed items drop-down menu, so, in the near future, you should be able to use only the keyboard to switch between editing a program and accessing the other areas in the EG application that you mentioned.

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi Marcin,

I don't know of a way to open the recently viewed items drop-down list that you show in your screenshot by using a keyboard shortcut, but I'll check with the development team and post back here if there is a way.

You can navigate among the open panes in the application, such as the workspace, project tree, and resources pane (which has the Servers list, Task list, etc), by pressing F6 and Shift + F6. 

A complete list of keyboard shortcuts for SAS Enterprise Guide is available in the online help - in the table of contents, expand the About SAS Enterprise Guide section and click Keyboard Shortcuts.

thanks,

Jennifer

Marcin_Lebiedz
Calcite | Level 5
Unfortunately F6/ Shift+F6 doesn't work as I expected in EG 6.1 (I don't know about higher versions) - indeed it does switch between panes, but not once you're typing in Editor 😞 Any other ideas, how to quickly switch between programs and possibly (but not neccessarily) tables while editing codes, and do it w/o mouse?
jennifert
SAS Employee

OK - yes, I see what you are describing.  F6 and Shift+F6 work as I described in EG 7.1, but they do not work in the same way in EG 6.1.  I'll check with the development team, and we'll post back here.

thanks!

Jennifer

jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi Marcin,

I talked with the EG development team, and while it looks like you won't be able to use keyboard shortcuts to do what you want right now, they are currently working on adding some new shortcuts. The new shortcuts do include one to access the recently viewed items drop-down menu, so, in the near future, you should be able to use only the keyboard to switch between editing a program and accessing the other areas in the EG application that you mentioned.

thanks,

Jennifer

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

For keyboard jockeys: you might enjoy using the free tool AutoHotKey with SAS Enterprise Guide and other applications.  You can automate almost any mouse-click/menu sequence with scripts in this tool, and then map them to keyboard shortcuts.  I've heard from several SAS users who are happily using AutoHotKey to fill in some keystroke gaps.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
dea0002
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks so much, Chris! I will definitely check that out.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation