BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
prsr
Calcite | Level 5

I have a scenario where .egp's are created on Windows environment. As part of migration these need to be migrated to UNIX/Linux server and from EG 4.1 to 4.2 and we have to make the programs comply with LINUX/Unix standards (like font casing) and the directory paths to the linux or unix environment.

As we have around 300 .egp's to be migrarted, Say in the first go if we use migration wizard on sas eg 4.2 version to automatically have the .egp's converted to 4.2 standards, the bigggest question is how to incorporate changes to the sas programs.Is there any automated way to extract the program from respective node in .egp, edit and insert at the same node.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I think you're on fairly firm ground using the migration wizard for as much of the conversion as you can do. I assume your Linux/Unix directories will be available to Windows machines via Samba or some such facility to move the projects from Windows.

There are some possibilities for modifying the programs as you describe, but I don't think any of them are easy. Could you provide more information about what changes you need to make outside of those that can be automated with the wizard (you mention font casing and directory paths).

Tom

prsr
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Tomkari for the reply..

Here is the additional info as requested..

Changes need to be made to the programs...

1) changing font as unix is case sensitive

2) windows path references to unix/Linux server paths

Thanks and Happy new Year

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Okay, it's becoming a little clearer. But it does lead to some new questions.

Please confirm that this is the situation you're in. You have SAS programs that you've created in the EG code editor. For development and testing, you used references to your local drives and directories on your Windows machine, running the SAS instance on your local machine. Now you want to run these SAS programs in an Unix environment, and change the directories and files to those on the Unix machine. Is that it?

Because offhand, I can't think of any file references that would come up if you are using Enterprise Guide tasks to do your work. But if that is an issue, please let me know where this is happening as well.

Tom

boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

It sounds like you are not only doing an Enterprise Guide project migration, but also a SAS platform migration (Win to LINUX), which is a completely different exercise.

In short, EG projects are zip files. If you could unzip all of your EG projects, the files in the zip archive could be updated with a find-replace script to replace all Windows folder names with LINUX folder names. Then the files are re-zipped. But this assumes you have a mapping of all Windows folders into the corresponding LINUX folders.

Otherwise you might have to edit the projects one by one and just use the manual find-replace function. Data libraries can be switched using the project manager in EG, but not the hardcoded folder names.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation