Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG: Show most recently run data as default

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS EG: Show most recently run data as default

When multiple data steps / sorts are run at one time in SAS EG, it would be great if the default table displayed in the "Output Data" tab was the last one run.  Sometimes I run programs that create intermediate data sets that are used to produce the final data set.  When I click on the "Output Data" tab, 99% of the time I would like for the final data set to be displayed as the default.  And because I work with large datasets (millions of records), I have to wait each time I click for a new data table for it to load.  Seems like a small issue, but if this could be done, it would increase my day's efficiency and decrease my waiting time frustration.

Thanks for letting us make suggestions!!!

Barb

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-05-2017 10:55 AM
Super User

Re: SAS EG: Show most recently run data as default

Here is where you do it:

screenshot20.jpg

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

I'm in a similar situation in that I work with many large datasets. My solution is to set the number of datasets to open to 0. This means nothing gets written to the Output tab, but I can just open the one dataset I want from the Server List. I find this works efficiently for me 

Contributor

Thanks SASKiwi!

Nice solution. :-)

I wasn't able to find the option to set the number of datasets to open to 0. Can you tell me where that is in the menus & submenus?

Thank you so much!
Barb
Solution
‎07-05-2017 10:55 AM
Super User

Here is where you do it:

screenshot20.jpg

Contributor

Thank you so much!!!

SAS Super FREQ

We are going to try to handle this a little better in a future EG release by being a little more conservative about opening data -- or least providing one or more options to allow users to choose between the convenience versus the performance of automatically opening data.

Casey

Contributor

Thanks so much, Casey! The setting that SASKiwi provided did exactly what I needed. But it is great that SAS is so open to its customers, and is continuously looking at how to improve performance! I love that about SAS!!
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation